The First National Bank of Stephenville site is a two-story limestone building at the corner of Belknap and College Streets in downtown Stephenville, across from the Erath County Courthouse. It is one of the oldest remaining structures in Stephenville’s downtown and housed the town’s first bank. The building was designed by architect James Riely Gordon of Gordon and Laub Architects of San Antonio, and is thought to have been completed in 1889, the same year the bank was founded. The building was designed in a Romanesque Revival style. This date is featured on the round metal turret at the second floor although this turret was a later change to the building in 1902 after reconstruction of the front of the building following a 1897 fire.
The building will be restored and given new life as a commercial structure beginning in 2011. This site will follow that progress.